Bangladesh Krishok Federation(BKF) and Bangladesh Kishani Sabha(BKS) Kurigram district committee jointly organized a big mobilization in Bangladesh northern district Kurigram
People uses Bus, truck and local three wheeler for transport and some people come by walk to attend the DC office encircle and memorandum submit program. Some thousand people joined the program and most of them were woman peasants as well as woman landless. District Commissioner was not present in the office but he talked with others of his officers. ADM (Assistant district magistrate) took memorandum on behalf of DC. ADM come in front of people and delivered a short speech said that they will try to solve the demands.
8 point demands of memorandum were:
1. All khas (fallow) land and water bodies have to distribute immediately among the genuine and local landless and fisher flock.
2. All khas land and water bodies have to recover form illegal occupier and restore public rights on them according to land and water bodies' law.
3. Rationing system start immediately among the landless and peasants with symbolic price (very low price).
4. Rehabilitee river erosion victim family immediately.
5. Government has to arrange works for all agricultural labor for whole year. If they fail they have to payee allowance for survive.
6. Price hike of all daily essential goods including rice, dal, edible and fuel oil have to reduce and bring down under the poor people purchasing capacity.
7. Remit all the agricultural lone including NGOs microcredit.
8. Take step to preserve the historical bridge of kurigram named Sonarhat bridge.
Program day was so hot and sunny and our collective procession was more than 3 kilometers, so all peoples was tired. But most of the peoples are pleased that they encircled DC office and responsible authority make hope on their demands. Some aged woman was short time hospitalized for hit stroke.